2011-10-17, 06:50 AM
For the second part...The theta that gives the largest angle is always 45 degrees, remember that to heart. The ones that fail are 90 and 0 degrees.
That formula is gay to be honest, use the formula
R = (Vo^2)(sin2Theta)/g
That is, the Range equals the (initial velocity squared) times (the sin of double the angle) all divided by g. The perfect angle will be 45 degrees because double that = sin 90 and the sin of 90 = 1, anything besides 45 degrees will yield a fraction which will make the range shorter.
I wish I had more time to draw you a diagram but I have to go to school.
That formula is gay to be honest, use the formula
R = (Vo^2)(sin2Theta)/g
That is, the Range equals the (initial velocity squared) times (the sin of double the angle) all divided by g. The perfect angle will be 45 degrees because double that = sin 90 and the sin of 90 = 1, anything besides 45 degrees will yield a fraction which will make the range shorter.
I wish I had more time to draw you a diagram but I have to go to school.

