Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Death
#23
Quantact Wrote:Most people on these boards are young. People in their teens, twenties and thirties do not think about death too much. As you approach sixty, and your body is breaking down, then you start increasingly to think of death.
I feel a notable exception to this can be found in the military of any nation.

When I joined the Army, I pretty much knew that I'd end up in Iraq. Due to circumstances, I didn't, but I was resigned to the fact that I could just as easily die while there or even before I got there. That's something that every soldier must come to terms with to survive.

Regarding death, I'm not really afraid of it. The only way I'd be afraid of it.. would be if I felt that I had wasted my time on Earth on petty bullshit that doesn't matter.

Living each day as though you could walk out of your house the next morning and get hit by a bus really puts everything in a different perspective. My feeling: A life is only wasted if you didn't get as much enjoyment as possible out of life. Too many people get caught up in goals and material desires, and those aren't fulfilling - at least, for me.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Death - by AvengedSevenfold - 2008-08-08, 02:19 AM
Death - by Roxas - 2008-08-08, 02:26 AM
Death - by iiMarik - 2008-08-08, 02:29 AM
Death - by Blankout - 2008-08-08, 02:34 AM
Death - by Trinity - 2008-08-08, 02:43 AM
Death - by Dyxanije - 2008-08-08, 02:47 AM
Death - by Wani - 2008-08-08, 07:21 AM
Death - by Sioux - 2008-08-08, 10:24 AM
Death - by Acim - 2008-08-08, 02:36 PM
Death - by Salguod - 2008-08-08, 02:44 PM
Death - by Chompy - 2008-08-08, 02:52 PM
Death - by Ecstasy - 2008-08-08, 03:06 PM
Death - by Devil - 2008-08-08, 03:58 PM
Death - by Derimed - 2008-08-08, 04:19 PM
Death - by Katie - 2008-08-08, 06:51 PM
Death - by SuGaRnSp1C3 - 2008-08-08, 07:37 PM
Death - by Hatsu - 2008-08-09, 01:09 AM
Death - by Nickish - 2008-08-09, 11:15 AM
Death - by Tamekii - 2008-08-11, 05:07 PM
Death - by DumbApples - 2008-08-11, 05:27 PM
Death - by Nikkey - 2008-08-11, 08:58 PM
Death - by Cardboardsnail - 2008-08-11, 10:05 PM
Death - by LazyBui - 2008-08-11, 10:25 PM
Death - by Raven - 2008-08-11, 10:42 PM
Death - by Raven - 2008-08-11, 10:46 PM
Death - by Cardboardsnail - 2008-08-12, 01:51 AM
Death - by chrome - 2008-08-12, 06:10 PM
Death - by PJness - 2008-08-12, 07:15 PM
Death - by Judgment - 2008-08-13, 05:12 AM
Death - by VladTheLvr - 2008-08-14, 12:41 PM
Death - by Gwanny - 2008-08-14, 12:48 PM
Death - by Providence - 2008-08-24, 10:51 PM
Death - by ItzAnth - 2008-08-24, 11:15 PM
Death - by Tammy - 2008-08-25, 03:26 AM
Death - by Brandini - 2008-08-27, 01:23 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)