Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition
Malthe Wrote:If he suddenly went invisible then he probably either had an invis rune, but since you said he did it multiple times it is probably far more likely that he had a shadow blade at some point in the game which allows you to become invisible. He doesn't have one in the score-screen but he might have sold it for his rapier? Unless that was your rapier?

Also something important to note, illusions only utilize base-damage and not bonus damage such as raw damage from rapiers.

Nah, I only bought my rapier at the very end of the game to try and rush their ancient since otherwise it was going to be a loss anyway, I never died and lost it. It turns out when I left my team's ancient he ALSO bought a rapier...which if I'd known I would've stayed to defend and hopefully force him to drop it or run away. I think his invis was also probably Shadow Blade like you said since he was using it far too often for it to be an invis rune, especially due to rune spawns being random. I also had no idea that illusions didn't benefit from bonus damage sources, that's why I thought when I bought rapier I'd be able to easily push and win.

Also in the video you posted this guy seems a little out of his depth against that Lone Druid because of Terrorblade's horrible starting HP. It did show me just how aggressive you can be in early game with Metamorphasis though and the way he used the illusion to pull creeps away from the tower or just trick the other team was pretty clever...but he seems to be dying a lot. Is that just normal for higher leveled matches? I mean he's trying to push the tier 3 tower on bottom lane at level 11 with no metamorphasis and doesn't even have drum or Sange and Yasha yet...and gets ganked for it. He tries it again with tier 3 mid and almost gets it but gets ganked again. I get that he's trying to push or just weaken the towers in general, but is it really worth losing gold and feeding the enemy? Then he just sort of...farms until he can buy Manta Style and Radience. I admit that's a good idea, since there's no risk of being killed in team fights, but it took him a long time to afford Manta Style in the first place, which seems to be what made his farming and general utility much better. So I'm not sure what to think! He seemed a little too aggressive until he got Manta Style, then he went passive and just farmed.

Also that was super long since I typed it out while I watched it.


Messages In This Thread
How was your day today? - DotA 2 Edition - by FangelXIII - 2014-03-11, 10:16 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)